Ms. Covert Russell is an associate attorney in the firm’s Northern California office. She represents school districts and county offices of education on a variety matters, including facilities and finance, student issues and district governance.
Ms. Covert Russell provides general education support and legal guidance to clients on a variety of matters in the following areas:
- Real property and facilities issues, including school finance and construction, leases and public contract negotiations, and charter school Proposition 39 facilities
- Special education
- Student issues, including discipline and First Amendment rights
- Employee discipline and termination
- General governance issues, including the Brown Act, conflicts of interest and Public Records Act
- School district reorganization